Little Red’s Clip Art sets are available for personal, educational, and small-business use.
The purchase of our clip art sets does not grant the buyer any copyrights – the content remains the intellectual property of the creator/Little Red’s Schoolhouse.
With purchase, the individual purchaser is granted a limited commercial license: you are free to use the images for small-scale commercial projects – things which one would call ‘homemade’/’handmade’. Nothing mass-produced/manufactured including manufacture by on-demand printing services such as Zazzle/Spoonflower/Cafe Press, etc. unless strictly for personal use.
With commercial use and when creating products/freebies for mass distribution, credit to the owner (either Little Red’s Clip Art or Little Red’s Schoolhouse) is required on the product itself. In the case of jewellery and other small items, credit can be included on the packaging or within the product description at the point of sale.
They are for the use of the individual, original downloader only.
Use of the Graphics (Personal Use)
As long as your project is not commercial or to be distributed en mass, you are basically free to use the clip art designs as you wish! *The only personal use which requires credit to be displayed is when graphics are used on a website/blog.
Use of the Graphics (Commercial/Public Display/Mass Distribution Use)
The graphics must be used as part of a larger project/design.
When making digital items the graphics must be protected from extraction by third parties. This may mean locking your pdfs or flattening your artwork before distributing it as a digital file.
Here are a few examples of which commercial uses of the graphics are permissible and not permissible. This is by no means a comprehensive list – if the particular commercial use you have in mind is not listed and you have doubts as to whether it would be OK, please feel free to contact us!
Examples of Commercial Uses Which ARE Permitted
- Printables such as games, cards, invitations, party goods, etc.
- Etsy graphics sets (ie, banners and other graphics use to dress up Etsy shops)
- Singular website and blog designs (not templates)
- Logos, Sig tags (Must have other elements added to them – cannot be a stand-alone graphic)
- Finished embroidery designs (no patterns)
- Finished cross stitch designs (no patterns)
- Handicrafts such as jewelery, magnets, badges, scrabble tiles, bottle cap crafts, etc.
- Items for sale on Teachers Pay Teachers and other educational resource sites (Freebies OK – usual commercial use rules apply)
- Homemade iron-on transfers when applied to a product
- Homemade iron-transfers not applied to a product where our clip art has been used with other artwork to create a larger design.
Examples of Commercial Uses NOT Permitted
- Use within any sort of computer game, e-book, video or app
- Using the clip art to make scrapbooking supplies (paper patterns, page elements etc.)
- Collage sheets; clip art collections
- Fabric printing and clothing (i.e. t-shirts) designs
- Inclusion in graphics sets/packages , design resource sets/collections, element sets or digital template sets.
- Stand-alone graphics being used as mascots/logos.
- Rubber stamp creation
- Embroidery patterns (digital or visual), Cross stitch patterns.
- Cutting patterns (where clip-art is sold as-is with an additional cutting file).